National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA) recommends having air duct cleaning every three to five years. However, depending on several variables, like the temperature where you live, the presence of allergy patients in the home, pets, smokers, and recent home improvements, the frequency of air duct cleaning might vary greatly.
Indoor air pollution can be two to five times worse than outside air pollution, according to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Through the usage of air ducts, these airborne pollutants travel throughout your home, endangering your family and property.
Signs That Ask for Air Duct Cleaning
The following are the primary indicators that the air ducts need to be cleaned:
- Noticeable development of mold
- Significant dust accumulation within the air ducts
- Insects or rodents
- Locals suffering from asthma, allergies, or other ailments
Among the secondary conditions are:
- Residents who smoke
- Pets with dander or excessive hair shedding
- Contamination of the air ducts by water
- Harm to the ducts
- Modern remodeling, particularly the drywalling
How Do You Know It’s Time for Air Duct Cleaning
There are several ways to measure this, including:
- Do you have pets in your home?
- Is there a smoker in your house?
- Does anyone in your house have any allergies?
- Is there more than one resident there?
- Do you work with paints, sprays, or wood-cutting tools indoors?
- Do you ever overlook changing the air filters in your furnace or air conditioning system?
- Do you own humidifiers at home?
- Do you utilize sprays with chemicals and fragrances?
Schedule air duct cleaning every three years if you can answer “yes” to any or all of these questions; if not, schedule them every five years. A four-year plan works well if it falls in the center.
Why You Need Air Duct Cleaning
Dust, dirt, and air pollutants accumulate significantly in air ducts over time. Every time the air conditioner or heater kicks on, these accumulations transmit certain pollutants throughout your house.
Even while you might not see much dust right away, it has many consequences:
- Air pollution can aggravate asthma attacks or allergies.
- Buildup can eventually reduce the efficiency of your HVAC system, enhancing energy costs.
- Certain toxins can even cause illness.
- Musty smell.
- Renovation Cleaning.
The final one is quite important. For example, regular duct cleaning has been linked to a lower risk of diseases, like a sickness that resembles pneumonia but is brought on by airborne germs.
Also Read: The Importance of Air Duct Cleaning
Benefits of Timely Air Duct Cleaning
Air duct cleaning of your home’s ducts does more than just clear the dust from the ventilation system. These five advantages affect your general comfort at home, your finances, and your health:
- Improved indoor air quality
- Reduce your energy costs with more efficient HVAC
- Relief from Allergies
- Fewer bad smells
- Remove bugs
- Reduced buildup of dust
One Call, Cleans it All
Maintaining clean air ducts contributes significantly to a healthy indoor environment. While the recommended frequency for cleaning air ducts varies based on several factors, regular inspections, and cleaning, especially in high-risk environments, are essential. Consider consulting with HVAC professionals to determine the most suitable cleaning schedule for your home, ensuring optimal indoor air quality and efficient HVAC system operation.
For decades, we have been offering dependable services, and we are dedicated to satisfying the demands of every one of our clients. We at Easy Steam confidently earned trust through our work. Our efficient services will enhance your indoor comfort and facilitate easier breathing, and we back all of our services with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Make an appointment by contacting us right now or Call.